Corruption in India
According to an article published by ScoopWhoop, there were statistics prepared, that explain how deep corruption runs in the roots of our system. Like there are about 54% of Indians, who pay a bribe when accessing public services and institutions, which means 1 in 2 citizens.
- 38% of land and property deals in India involve bribes
- 62% of law enforcement officers take bribes
- 60% of road stops for truckers are for extorting money
- 60% of people who got their driving license from an agent haven’t taken the driving exam
- 31% of members of parliament have criminal cases against them
- The monetary value of petty corruption in 11 basic services in government like education, healthcare, and the judiciary amounts to about Rs. 3,19,72,50,00,000 annually.
- India’s telecom ministry siphoned approximately $30 billion