Our Recruitment Policy
Walking past a beggar and his suffering, a man asks, ‘Why, oh God, do you not do something for these people?’ To which God replied, ‘I did do something, I made you.’ — Old Sufi saying.
Here’s how you can help:
Be a Volunteer with SPRAT:
* What do we look for in a volunteer?
* What kind of an organisation is SPRAT?
* What will you get if you volunteer with us?
* Sign up to volunteer with us. What are our needs now?
SPRAT is always on the lookout for committed and capable volunteers. While some departments require specific skill sets, in many other cases a willingness to assume responsibility while learning simple new systems is what we need. Volunteers who have basic computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint will find it easier to fit our technology driven working style. SPRAT is often viewed as a thought-powered organisation and encourages men and women, even those who may not have been in a career stream for some time, to write in to us. One of the big positives of working with us is that we offer flexible timings and volunteers can play a big role even if they have just a few hours a week to give. Students and recent graduates who have joined the workforce are often a good fit because they find it convenient to work with SPRAT’s email driven style. At SPRAT, volunteering actually means helping us with ‘real work’ and the very real targets and goals we want to meet. SPRAT is clear in our mission and goal so we are not looking for volunteers who give us ideas without a commitment to implementing them. SPRAT is a professionally run NGO. This means that we set deadlines, work within well-defined systems and maintain very high standards of interactions within and outside of SPRAT. We expect no less of our volunteers than of our full time employees. What will you get if you volunteer with us? You can impact over 100 NGOs and several thousand donors and potential donors…and an outcome of that will be that lacs of underprivileged Indians will get a chance at a better life. You will learn a tremendous amount about issues that you may have never had any exposure to. We take our volunteers very seriously – they are very valuable to us and you will get treated with a lot of respect, based on your involvement and commitment. While we may not thank you and shower you with attention every day, we will honor your commitment by giving you responsibility and valuing your inputs. If we have got your attention and interest, please fill this sign-up form to get in touch with us.
- SPRAT recognizes social service as team work and sheer volunteerism.
- However, volunteers by definition can offer limited time and talents at their convenience whereas the work demands continuous commitment
- Hence SPRAT blends hardcore professionalism with ad-hoc volunteerism.
- The core team of trained professionals of SPRAT man the everyday functions. They serve as the pivot of the projects. The volunteers on the other hand come and join on specific project or for specific time slots. The latter often bring in specialized talents that SPRAT cannot afford monetarily.
- This includes also the Interns or students of various universities that come to SPRAT from time to time.