1. Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the male ostriches can roar like lions.
2. A shrimp’s heart is located in its head.
3. The fastest bird, the spine-tailed swift, can fly as fast as 170 km/hr.
4. Rats and horses can’t vomit.
5. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
6. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
7. The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump.
8. Elephants can smell water up to 3 miles away.
9. Ants never sleep and they do not have lungs.
10. A snail can grow back a new eye.
11. The slowest fish is the seahorse, which moves along at about 0.01 mph.
12. Dogs’ nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints and can be used to identify them.
13. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards and their wings can beat at up to 80 times per second.
14. Honeybees can taste with their feet.
15. Elephants are pregnant for almost two years.
16. A tiger’s legs are so powerful that they can remain standing even when dead.
17. When ill, Sheep eat specific plants to cure their illness.
18. A male Penguin offers a pebble to a female Penguin. If she accepts, they become partners.
19. A dog’s sense of smell is 1,000 times stronger than humans.
20. A cockroach can survive for about a week without its head before dying of starvation.
21. Rabbits have 360-degree vision allowing them to detect predators coming from any direction.
22. A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.
23. An electric eel can produce a shock of up to 600 to 800 volts.
24. Giraffes have no vocal cords.
25. A mosquito has 47 teeth.